Abstract Revision Policy
Read the abstract carefully before you finalize the submission!
After the abstract has been successfully submitted, any change to the abstract title, body, authors and/or institutional affiliations must be approved by all authors and the abstract sponsor.
The submission process includes a step where the submitter can view the abstract as it will appear in the official program and The FASEB Journal
- Duplicating the title, authors and/or institutions within the abstract body
- Omission of author(s)
- Omission of funding source(s)
- Incorrect institutional affiliation(s)
- Typographical errors such as transposing letters in common words
- Incorrect data used in abstract text or tables
- Incorrect special characters such as Greek text or mathematical symbols
How to Request Abstract Revisions
Revision requests are made via the online abstract submission site:
- Login to the abstract submission site
- Navigate to the submission to request revisions
- The revision request will be sent to all abstract authors and the abstract’s sponsor
- Changes in authorship require the physical signature of every author and abstract sponsor and approval of the programming society
- Revisions to abstract title, body or authors:
- No fee if revisions made by Nov. 14, 2019
- $50 fee if revisions made Nov. 15, 2019–Feb. 18, 2020
- $100 fee if revisions made Feb. 19–March 11, 2020
- No revisions allowed after March 11, 2020
- No Fee if withdrawn by Nov. 14, 2019
- $50 withdrawal fee if made Nov. 15, 2019–March 11, 2020
- $500 plus additional publication fees if made after March 11, 2020
After successful abstract submission, changes to the abstract title, body, authors and/or institutional affiliations must be approved by the authors and abstract sponsor.
After abstract submission, authors and abstract sponsors have seven days to dispute a withdrawal request.
Abstract Withdrawal Policy
The following policy applies to all volunteered abstracts successfully submitted to the Experimental Biology Meeting:
- Programmed work will be defended in person by the first/presenting author at the officially programmed date/time.
- Presentation format and or date/time of presentation programming are not considered grounds for withdrawal.
In rare circumstances, authors may request that their abstracts be withdrawn. These requests must be made using the online request form in the EB submission system; do not communicate directly with the programming society.
- A request for withdrawal will be communicated to the abstract authors and abstract sponsor.
- Prior to requesting a withdrawal, EB recommends notifying the authors and sponsor that an EB email communication will be issued that requires a response.
- Disputes and/or approvals will be communicated by the programming society to the authors and sponsors.
- Agreement or dispute to the withdrawal request must be submitted within 7 days of the notification before a request will be considered and approved.
- The authors and sponsor must agree to the withdrawal request prior to programming society review.
- Abstracts withdrawn prior to publication cannot be presented nor will the abstract be published.
- In the case of illness, family emergency, change of employment or lack of a travel visa, authors may identify a co-author or colleague to present instead. The alternate must register for EB.