Press Credentials Policy
Qualifications for obtaining complimentary onsite registration and/or online access to the virtual newsroom for Experimental Biology (EB) 2020. Email the media team with any questions.
- Journalists with press credentials (such as a press club badge) are welcome to attend the meeting and can receive a complimentary onsite press pass. Any journalist with reporter access to EurekAlert! is automatically approved to access the EB virtual newsroom. If you plan to attend the meeting, please pre-register or bring your credentials to the onsite registration booth.
- Journalists who do not have press credentials, such as freelancers, must submit two recent samples of their bylined work and provide a letter of assignment, on official letterhead, from the publication or broadcast outlet for which they are covering the EB meeting. Approved applicants will receive a complimentary onsite press pass and full access to the EB virtual newsroom.
- Individuals representing other news outlets, such as blogs or websites, must provide a letter of assignment on official outlet letterhead and two recently published articles that relate to EB’s scientific coverage. Qualifying online outlets must provide content that is original and independent of advertising and sponsorship; personal websites do not qualify.
- Members of the EB host societies can apply to become an official meeting blogger. Official meeting bloggers receive complimentary press passes and full access to the Experimental Biology virtual newsroom.
- Representatives of journals that do not contain news sections are not eligible for press passes; nor are editors of journals or other publications who do not edit their outlet’s news section. This rule will be strictly enforced.
- Representatives of book, magazine and journal publishers as well as advertising and marketing representatives are ineligible for press passes.
- Public information officers and individuals representing public relations firms must register as nonmembers and pay the nonmember conference rate.
The conference organizers reserve the right to limit the number of passes provided to any organization and the right to deny pass requests.
Sign up to receive meeting updates and highlights specifically for reporters
Subscribe for Email Updates
. We’ll send approximately one email per month from January through April
Follow & Share
Host societies on social:
American Association for Anatomy (AAA)
American Physiological Society (APS)
American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB)
American Society for Investigative Pathology (ASIP)
American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics (ASPET)
Questions? Contact us.