Welcome to Orlando
Orlando is one of the world’s most visited family destinations, and while its illustrious themed attractions may steal the limelight, with a vibrant and well-kept city center and a climate that averages around 75° Fahrenheit (25° Celsius), there is a surprising amount of things to experience here. Welcoming tens-of-millions of visitors per year, both Disney World and Universal Orlando pack in an entire trip's worth of fun on their own. But it would be a mistake to overlook Orlando’s other activities because the rest of ‘The City Beautiful’ is full of similar family-friendly attractions like waterparks, giant aquariums and zoos, exciting shows, airboat tours around the swamps and plenty of golfing opportunities. Discover all of this, and much more in our guide to Orlando!
The Orange County Convention Center (OCCC) is located in Orlando, Florida.
Orange County Convention Center
9800 International Drive
Orlando, FL 32819
Find information about how to get to the Convention Center
, or see more public transportation information below.
The weather in Orlando is often said to be divided into two seasons: hot and hotter. Florida isn’t known as The Sunshine State for nothing! While the subtropical climate in America’s southernmost state is certainly a lot warmer than most of the rest of the country, it still has four distinct seasons, including warms springs and falls, hot summers and cool winters. In April, be prepared for the warm weather (average high 83° Fahrenheit/28° Celsius) and cool air conditioning by packing layering options, as well as comfortable shoes for walking.
Flight Discounts to Orlando
EB has arranged for discounted fares with our preferred carriers Southwest Airlines, Delta Airlines, and United Airlines for travel from Apr. 2 —Apr. 13
to Orlando for EB 2019. Discounts range from 2% up to 10% depending on your location and fare class.
Southwest Airlines is offering an 8% discount off Anytime & Business Select® fares
and a 2% discount off select Wanna Get Away® fares
for travel to and from Orlando for EB attendees. Book your travel between before Mar. 22, 2019 to take advantage of the discounted rates. Discounts are available for travel April 2 —Apr. 13, 2019.
By flying Southwest Airlines, you will also receive the following benefits:
- 50% bonus Rapid Reward points for your travel to and from the convention with Rapid Rewards # added to your reservation. To enroll in the Rapid Rewards program, visit www.southwest.com/corporaterapidrewards
- No baggage fees (first two bags)
- No change or cancellation fees
- No peak travel or fuel surcharges
- Consistently ranked the “Best in Customer Service” by DOT
Delta Air Lines
Delta Air Lines is pleased to offer special discounts of 2% - 10% depending on your booking class for travel to EB.
Please click here
to book your flights! Use Meeting Event Code: NY2FG
You may also call Delta Meeting Network® at 1.800.328.1111, Monday–Friday, 7 a.m.–7:30 p.m. CT and refer to Meeting Event Code NY2FG
*Please note there is not a service fee for reservations booked and ticketed via our reservation 800 number.
United Airlines is offering travelers to EB 2019 discounts of 2%-10% depending on the fare category.
- Book online at: www.united.com
- Select “All Search Options” or “Advanced Search”
- In the “Promotions and certificates” box, use Offer Code: ZFSV794576
Or call the United Reservations Meeting Desk at 800-426-1122 and use the Offer Code above.
These public transporation options service downtown, Orlando, about 15 miles from the convention center.
- Bus - The main Central Florida bus system is known as the LYNX bus and is one of the least expensive methods of getting around Orlando. There are about 60 routes, each costing $2 per ride, with discount passes also available. Buses run at 15, 30 and 60-minute intervals, with their stops marked with pink bus symbols or paw prints. The LYMMO service, provided by LYNX, is a free circular route around downtown Orlando, with 21 stops from the Amway Arena to City Hall. Buses run every five minutes between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. and every 10 minutes in the evenings.
- I-Ride Trolley - Serving the popular attractions in the International Drive Resort Area of Orlando, the I-Ride Trolley is basically another bus service, with its vehicles dressed up like tram cars. There are two routes – the Red Line servicing International Drive itself and the Green Line covering Universal Boulevard. There are 107 stops, with the year-round service running at 20-minute intervals from 8 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. The fare is $1.25 for adults, 25¢ for seniors and children under 12 ride free, making it one of the cheapest and most convenient methods of getting between attractions.