Sleeping room requests for all convention hotels will be handled by the EB 2017 Housing Bureau/Experient
, the official housing providers for the Experimental Biology meeting. EB does not process hotel reservations.
To obtain the special meeting rates, make your reservations early – the lower rate hotels will sell out first and those close to the Convention Center will go very quickly.
Shuttle service will be available for free to all attendees at EB. The shuttles routes will include all of the EB 2017 contracted hotels. Detailed shuttle routes coming soon!
Be sure to read the information on the importance of staying at an EB official hotel
Please be aware that groups such as Expo Housing Services or National Travel Associates are contacting our attendees and exhibitors but these groups ARE NOT affiliated with EB 2017 and are not official housing providers.
Hyatt Regency McCormick Place
(APS, ASBMB, ASIP, ASPET)
Please see the hotel map
for a listing of all official housing providers and the hotel spreadsheet
for an easy comparison of rates, amenities, distance from convention center, etc.
You can make hotel reservations in any of the following ways:
- Book reservation online (24 hours)
- Call Experient Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM–5:00 PM CST: 847-996-5832 or 800-967-8852
- Fax the Housing Form to 301-694-5124 (24 hours)
- Mail the Housing Form to EB 2017 Housing, c/o Experient, 5202 Presidents Court, #310 Frederick, MD 21703
Attendees are strongly encouraged to make hotel reservations early
to guarantee hotel rates and availability. The deadline for making reservations at the meeting rate is Friday, March 31, 2017
. Hotel placement is on a first-come, first-served basis
and according to hotel room availability. Hotel rates listed are in U.S. dollars and are subject to state and local taxes. Rates do not include any meals unless otherwise noted. Neither EB nor the Housing Bureau can guarantee that hotel rooms will be available at the group rates after the deadline.
Please have the following information available when you make your reservation:
- Name of Convention: EB Annual Meeting
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice of hotel (please see hotel map for listing)
- Arrival/departure dates
- Number of rooms requested
- Type of room (single - 1 person), double (2 persons, triple – 3, etc.)
- Number of people in party
- Credit card type, account number, expiration date, billing name and address
- Names of all occupants of room
- Email Address/Fax number to which confirmation is to be sent.
- Daytime telephone number
A credit card valid through April 2017 or later is required to secure your room reservation. Most major credit cards are accepted (VISA, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, and Diner’s Club). The hotel may charge a one night’s room and tax as a deposit to the credit card submitted with your reservation request promptly upon receipt of reservation by the hotel after March 31, 2017
A credit card is required to reserve your room even if you intend to pay the hotel by check. A check in the amount of one night’s stay and tax must be sent directly to the hotel after April 7, 2017
and prior to April 14, 2017
. A copy of the housing bureau acknowledgement must accompany the check.
CHANGES/CANCELLATIONS: Prior to April 1
, all changes and cancellations should be made directly with the housing bureau. Beginning April 10
, changes and cancellations should be made directly with the hotel. Cancellation of your reservation within 72 hours of your arrival date or failure to check in on your scheduled arrival date will result in one night’s room and tax charge to the credit card provided as a guarantee. Some hotels will charge a fee for early departures and for changes made within 72 hours of arrival.
To contact Experient via telephone between 8:00AM and 5:00PM CST, Monday thru Friday, please call 847-996-5832 or 800-967-8852. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Confirmation will be e-mailed to you from Experient once your reservation has been secured with a credit card. If you do not receive a confirmation within 1 week, please call 847-996-5832
. You will not receive a confirmation from the hotel; however, each hotel will honor the housing bureau acknowledgement
ADA AND SPECIAL NEEDS:
Please review the chart showing ADA compliances at each hotel. Please complete the appropriate box on the housing application if you have specific needs. Please do not hesitate to contact Management@experimentalbiology.org
with any questions.
Are you interested in sharing a room at EB to cut down on expenses? Use the Room Sharing Message Board
to find a roommate. The use of this Message Board is purely optional and does not guarantee a room share. EB, FASEB and their officers, employees, and agents assume no responsibility with respect to these services and accept no liabilities relative to the services. Submission of this form indicates your acknowledgement and acceptance of this disclaimer of liability.
Why Choose an Official EB Hotel?
All EB attendees and exhibitors are encouraged to make hotel reservations by utilizing the official EB 2017 housing bureau Experient. We recognize that attendees have many options with area hotels and that you may be looking only at the per night cost in making your decision. However, we encourage you to take a few minutes to understand the importance of selecting an official EB hotel and the other factors beyond the per night rate.
Experimental Biology has a long history of consistently fulfilling the minimum number of room nights to be sold according to our contracts with the hotels. However, with the current economic climate and outside competition it gets more difficult each year to assure these rooms will be used by the attendees and exhibitors.
What does this mean to you?
- When we are able to maintain a consistent history of hotel rooms sold, it helps us negotiate the lowest hotel rates possible for future EB meetings.
- EB earns credit for each room night utilized by an attendee or exhibitor when the reservation is at an official conference hotel. This credit helps to offset the rental costs of the convention center.
- Our hotels contracts protect you. Booking within the EB hotel block gives us the opportunity, if the need does arise, to assist you with any hotel problem you may experience while at the meeting. When you choose other hotels we have no contacts or leverage to help rectify a problem or inconvenience that you may have encountered.
- Lastly, be cautious of companies contacting you that claim to be affiliated with EB by offering discounted hotel rates. You will be providing your contact information and credit card number to individuals that are not affiliated with EB. They frequently have only 2-3 rooms at the advertised hotel; subcontract to 3rd party travel agents outside the U.S.; and are extremely difficult to track down by telephone or through their websites. These are not reputable companies. Only Experient provides housing registration on behalf of Experimental Biology 2017.
The last day to make reservations at the discounted convention rate is March 31, 2017
. We encourage you to make your reservations early as the lower priced properties will sell out first.