EB 2017 Mentored Poster/Platform Presenter Travel Awards
The FASEB OSPDGA will be sponsoring EB 2017 Mentored Travel Awards to help support the participation first-time presenters at the EB meeting. Full-time postdoctoral fellows and students from underrepresented groups are eligible to apply. The travel awards are funded up to $1,500 each for travel-related expenses and meeting registration. Travel awards are provided as reimbursements after the meeting. The travel awards are supported by a federal training grant
from the NIGMS/NIH; therefore, only U.S. citizens and permanent residents of the U.S. are eligible for the travel awards. For travel award information, contact email@example.com
2017 Travel Award Application
Note: Travel award application deadline—March 3, 2017.
FASEB MARC Presentation Practice and Peer Mentoring Resources
McCormick Place, Room TBD (Saturday); Exhibit Hall F2 (Sunday - Tuesday)
FASEB MARC Program is sponsoring poster/platform presentation practice and peer mentoring sessions for trainees presenting at the EB 2017. The presentation practice sessions are scheduled for 30-minute periods and will be conducted by FASEB MARC Peer/Faculty Mentors during EB 2017. EB 2017 registered attendees may sign-up in advance beginning 8:00 AM (CDT) on Monday, April 10, 2017. Sign-ups are on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Resume/CV Critiques, Career Counseling, Individual 1-on-1 Sessions
McCormick Place, Room TBD (Saturday); Exhibit Hall F2 (Sunday-Wednesday)
Individual 1-on-1 Career Coaching Sessions: One-on-one CV/resume critiques, career counseling and coaching sessions will be available beginning on Saturday, April 22 through Wednesday, April 26. Each one-on-one session is 20 minutes in duration, and is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. EB 2017 registered attendees may sign-up in advance beginning 8:00 AM (CDT) on Monday, April 10, 2017. Schedule a session
McCormick Place, Exhibit Hall F2 Sunday, April 23 - Tuesday, April 25
Career Development Seminars and Workshops
Career development seminars and workshops will be available in the EB 2017/FASEB Career Center located in the Exhibit Hall F2 from Sunday, April 23 - Tuesday, April 25th. Note: The Career Center in Hall F2 will close on Tuesday, April 25th at 4:00 PM. The location for Wednesday's scheduled resume/CV critiques is TBD.
Career Coaches and Seminar Speakers
- Howard D. Adams, PhD
- Debra Behrens, PhD
- Judy Blumenthal, PhD
- Philip Clifford, PhD
- Andrew Green, PhD
- Henry Khachaturian, PhD
- Bill Lindstaedt, MS
- John Lombardo, PhD
- Kay Lund, PhD
- Naledi Saul, MPM
- Joe Tringali
EB 2017/FASEB Career Resources Center
McCormick Place Exhibit Hall F2
Career services, including internet-accessible laptop computers, will be available to all meeting attendees. The Virtual Career Fair will operate from March 27 - April 26, 2017 at McCormick Place, and will be available on the Internet at http://careers.faseb.org
. For more information contact customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org 1.860.437.57001.860.437.5700 1.860.437.5700. Access to the Career Center is free to all registered Experimental Biology 2017 meeting attendees.
If you would like to post a resume or an advertisement before the annual meeting, please read the information below for Job Seekers or Employers.
Hours of operation:
- Sunday April 23 & Monday April 24 8 AM - 5 PM
- Tuesday April 25 8 AM - 4 PM
This service is free for candidates/job seekers who are registered to attend EB 2017:
- Job-Seeker Instructions
- Register as a Job Seeker
- Post your resume and candidate qualifications online
- Search employer job listings; send/receive electronic messages; and request interviews with employers
There are two options available for employers who would like to post an advertisement for the meeting:
Register for the EB2017/FASEB Career Center
- Employers who are currently registered to attend EB 2017: Beginning March 27, 2017, employers may post an unlimited number of employment opportunities online "free of charge" (Proof of EB 2017 registration will be required in order to take advantage of the free service). Career Center registration includes open access to the job seeker resume profiles; the ability to send/receive electronic messages; and the ability to request/schedule interviews. (Note: Position listings will remain active online for a period of 30 days beginning with the posting date).
- Employers who are not registered to attend EB 2017: Beginning March 27, 2017, employers may pay a $500 career center registration fee to post an unlimited number of employment opportunities online. The $500 fee includes open access to the job seeker resume profiles; the ability to send/receive electronic messages; and the ability to request/schedule interviews. (Note: Position listings will remain active online for a period of 30 days beginning with the posting date).